Pages

Monday, 25 November 2019

DFI - Day 5

DFI  -Day 5

Agenda

Google education - tests to try

From Dorothy
Visible Teaching and Learning.
Make the learning journey visible to everyone, whanau. (in and out of school)
Likened learning to a maze. You can get lost if you don't have any, many guidelines
Success - students who have done well have read the teachers mind. This is what it looks like and how we are going to get there would be a good way to show, tell students.  Eg, show the class a video of the whole dance and then teach them the start, next day do again and add the next phase of the dance.
Visible learning is rewindable as all of the past lessons are available.

Primary students have different coloured book boxes and the students know if they are in a lower, higher group. Dorothy mentioned collaboration where a better reader reads with a not-so-interested reader.
Visible teaching is accessible,available and advances the learning.
"Class on air" discussed
Teaching as Inquiry.

I spent time today on Hapara workspace looking at the work other teachers had added, lots on Food and Nutrition, as they are public I made some copies.
Vicki showed us how to make the cards coloured so the tasks link.

Home Ec website - I started this, deciding that I would just do Home Ec with the 6 buttons for Yr7 & 8, 9,10,11,12,13.
Buttons
I used food photos from "Unsplash"

1 comment:

  1. Anne, I enjoyed reading your blog post especially the coloured boxes how they were related to a students level and they knew what the colours represented.Your buttons are so colourful and relevant.

    ReplyDelete