Pages

Monday, 18 November 2019

DFI -Day 4

DFI Day 4

-Agenda
  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?

Today Dorothy spoke about "Share" , connected learners' , we need connections and it is great to get responses. In 2005 Youtube started. It meant instant sharing via Bebo etc. It was public and in real-time.
The schools wanted to look at how the could share - assembly, Yearbook. Manaiakalani wants to continue with the things we do but let digital technologies enhance the project, eg. college yearbook is printed and photos added etc.
The digital age has changed the audience - become a global audience.
Sharing with purpose -for an audience. When I went to school I wrote for my teacher alone. Now students share globally. My teacher was a compulsory audience.
Globally, people who choose to look at your work etc, are an "authentic audience".
Manaiakalani chose " Blogger" as their main online space to share. Students were/are taught how to use"Blogger", not their own "personal" space.
Blogger is a tool for teaching students about being " cybersmart"


  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?
The multimodal format for students will grab their attention and give them choices for the work they could do. Also, a class site will be useful.
Danni Stones - Multimodal site


  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  
I would want to put  a suitable site into Hapara to connect them to certain classes.

sites

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne,
    You are right, a class site is such a wonderful tool to have in your toolbelt as it frees up valuable teacher time which is so limited! I'm looking forward to working with you tomorrow to begin developing your own class site.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete