Pages

Monday, 2 December 2019

DFI   - Day 7



  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?
Being Cybersmart - with Dorothy
Connection between Cybersmart and students devices( chromebook and ipad)
Kids on-line all the time, need to be safe.
Powerful,positive and pro-active language is used by Manaiakalani. This is what we want to be telling kids.
In 2011- lots of students with chromebooks needed to learn about the "safety on line"
DB created a doc and shared it world wide. Lots of people commented, Google loved " Be internet smart, Be internet alert, Be internet strong, Be internet kind, Be internet brave, Be internet awesome. They have used this.

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional and learners?
  • Today I enjoyed going through the Digital dig and reminding myself about the tasks we have been looking at over the last few weeks.
We looked at using Chromebooks and ipads which were fun.
We used Screencastify . These are great as they give details of tasks or how to do something and if students get confused and wanted to re-look at how to do the task(rewindable learning). Rename as you set-up. It saves to google drive and I can send the link to someone who needs the details.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne,

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the day even though you had to rush off! Remember we talk about being Cybersmart and we don't use that other four letter s work (safe)!
    At the staff meeting, some of the teachers were talking about integrating Cybersmart into kaiarahi, do you think that would be a good way to ensure all learners are involved in lessons without taking time away from practical subjects like yours? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
    Ngā mihi
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete