Pages

Thursday, 5 December 2019

DFI -Day 8 Computational Thinking

DFI       - Day 8

Computational Thinking

What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?
"Empowered" with Gerard
You can't be empowered without being connected, being visible and ubiquitous. These 4 areas make up the Manaiakalani kaupapa. Computers open up opportunities, opportunities to do things we couldn't do before. This links with the cybersmart information we have been looking at , at the DFI course and a recent staff meeting. Staff Meeting Presentation
Students need to be talking with others, replying and asking questions.
OMG - Technologies - Trailblazers Presentation. Using tech to impact and to be creative.
Gerard spoke about the Digital Technologies Curriculum. This is in 2 parts -
1 - Computational thinking for digital technologies.
2 - Designing and developing digital outcomes
1 is aimed at years 1-10 and can be intergrated into many other learning areas .
Level 6-8 is NCEA Levels 1, 2 3.

Today I learnt about Coding. I don't play Minecraft but Coding to give the avatar directions to move and gain the item was fun. We looked at "scratch" and "Microbits"
Using this I can create some fun lessons and relief lessons.


I could see my classes enjoying working on their Chromebooks for some lessons relief lessons that I have created using Coding. Today, I had fun building a Minecraft base.


1 comment:

  1. It was a fun and interactive day Anne and I enjoyed it as well, especially the sorting algorithm game and minecraft, which like you I have never played before. New skills for middle aged women! You were so good at the Binary worksheet. I can see that you have really gained in confidence with digital technology as a result of this DFII course. Well done!

    ReplyDelete